Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summertime

It has been a busy summer here at Dear Reader headquarters, though not much in the crafty arena. Let's just put this out there: the summer is when I tend to hibernate. Hot weather does not agree with me, and I simply bide my time until fall tips its hat in our direction. All productive and creative endeavors stall out while I do the minimum required of me and focus my efforts on air conditioning and ice cream. But somehow I've kept myself busy with plans and outings and fun things, leaving me no time to work on my shop ideas.

Last weekend we had a little getaway to Gatlinburg, where a hike led us to discover this little guy napping in the woods.




Next week I head up to Maine to celebrate my sister's birthday and (hopefully) get some cooler temperatures. I can report that the Obamas were visiting Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor recently, where Mount Desert Island Ice Cream shop has documented their ice cream flavor selections. For the First Lady, it was chocolate. And the President selected coconut (!) ice cream. I wanted to try the Nutella flavor last time I was in Bar Harbor, but sadly it wasn't available that week.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you; hopefully we can fulfill your desire for Nutella ice cream this trip. I'm going to order Blueberry Basil Sorbet.

    ReplyDelete