Monday, September 20, 2010

Halloween Wish List

Halloween time is full on, and I couldn't be more delighted. In my quest to one day have the ultimate Halloween house, I have added some excellent decorative pieces to my Halloween wish list. Since I can't afford to buy everything that catches my fancy, how about I tempt readers with these lovelies instead.

First up, these creepy medical encyclopedia drawings from Pottery Barn are to die for but certainly on the pricey side. I found some similar items on Etsy in the Halloween decor shop from Owl Studio and Golden Rococo.

Another Pottery Barn item that caught my eye was the Halloween Countdown Calendar. As a kid I loved Advent calendars and this is basically the same idea. The scalloping gives it a lovely vintage Halloween touch, but I would really like to try my hand at making my own version out of felt. I think a haunted house with a graveyard in front would translate quite well and give lots of interesting pockets in the windows, doors, and gravestones.

One more Etsy shop that makes me want to add many items to the shopping cart is Pumpkin Hollow. Are those some perfectly spooky Jack O'Lanterns or what? The shop owners also have a blog called Pumpkin Rot where you can check out the splendid Halloween set ups they create each year. To borrow the words of Liz Lemon, I want to go to there.

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin Rot -- I'm scared, but I will go there with you. Lately, I've been wanting to spend Halloween in Salem...

    ReplyDelete