Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Luggage Tags

I'm still working on photos for the new luggage tags, but here is a sneak preview. Several prototypes have been tested on recent flights and I'm happy to report they traveled safely through checked baggage! This is especially miraculous if you know how much bad luck my sister has when traveling.

The luggage tags add a fun bit of color to help identify your suitcase in the sea of identical black bags. The backs are plain felt, which I think is perfect because you get that shot of color from either side. There is room on the inside to slip a name and address card if desired. I tried working a clear vinyl window into the back instead of felt (to display a name and address), but the results displeased me. I adore the warmth and texture of felt, whereas the vinyl lost that vintage feel. It also made the process less fun, so for now I'm skipping the window. Keep an eye out for these to be added to the Dear Reader shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment