Friday, April 9, 2010

Catching Up




We are back from our trip to New York City and I am still trying to catch my breath. We had some major fun celebrating my mom's birthday (and some major funny too!). One of the highlights was going up into the crown of the Statue of Liberty, thanks to my dad's excellent planning skills getting us tickets months ago. We got to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art (along with every single goth teenager on the planet on a spring break field trip). Also featured at the MoMA: performance artists wearing zero clothes. Wasn't expecting to see that, and I also wasn't expecting to see a homeless man take his pants off in the subway but I guess that is New York for you. Probably the least enjoyed part of the trip was waiting in line at the Empire State Building for four hours; it was too crowded and the employees were too rude to be worth it. We totally celebrated my mom's birthday proper, complete with special t-shirts made by Eric, feasting in Little Italy, and seeing as much of the city as possible. Oh, and for the funny (in a book geeky way). After wandering around The Strand on our own for an hour, my dad and I each picked out the exact same book to buy: The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry.

This weekend I'm planning on a major push to list some new items in the Dear Reader shop (luggage tags!), so check back soon.

1 comment: